- Guatemala has had about 300 confirmed cases of the Zika virus. Only one was in Departamento Solola. Almost all the infections were at lower elevations, where it is warmer and humid. Use insect repellent at altitudes below 6500 feet. Pregnant women should avoid travel to many Tropical countries. Pregnant women should not visit most of Latin American countries. Pregnant women should not visit most of Latin American countries. http://reliefweb.int/map/guatemala/guatemala-departamentos-con-caso
- About our pool, hot tub and sauna:
When hotel occupancy is high, predictably from Christmas until after Semana Santa, the facilities are exclusively for our hotel guests. When we are not very full, the facilities are available at Q40 per person.
If you are coming to lunch and want to use the facilities, we recommend calling in advance to see if they are available.
- We now accept VISA, MC & PayPal payments.
- July is our 25th Anniversary.
- Attention Birders: Santiago Atitlan was formerly known as, "House of the Birds," by the Tzutujil Maya. There are many species to see near the lake as well as at higher elevations.
We highly recommend Los Tarrales, a lodge and nearby bird watching reserve. It is a thirty-five minute drive from here. I am, of course, pushing that guests stay here and we'll arrange transportation, but they provide several charming lodging options. A wonderful place. http://www.tarrales.com/
- 5% discount if you pay with cash
- We accept Quetzales, Dollars, Euros, & Traveler’s Checks
- VISA credit cards are accepted. Q100 minimum purchase
- There are two banks and one ATM in Santiago Atitlán
- From Christmas Eve until New Year's Day & and From Palm Sunday until Easter Saturday there is a three night minimum stay and add 15%
- 25% discount in September
- No charge for children under two
- Children two to ten, sharing a room with an adult, are charged five dollars
- NO PETS
- We offer a full pension plan for groups of twelve or more. Three meals are included each day. This has been successful with film crews, NGO's, workshops and missionaries.
- Conference Room ‐ Salon Orquidea is a 1200 sq ft meeting room, available for workshops, banquets and celebrations. Coffee breaks, catering, and audio visual equipment can be provided. Musicians, artisans and knowledgeable speakers are available. $75 a day.